Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Fruits of Our Labor

Summer 2009

First there was broccoli and blueberries.....







Then came everything else; tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, onions, peppers, strawberries, cantelope, watermelon, corn, snap peas, carrots, beans, eggplant and a plethora of herbs.... YUMMM!!!! (our lettuce and cabbage didn't turn out, not YUMMM)

And lets not forget the beautiful flowers too...



Our very first attempt at growing a garden I would say was a surprising success... especially considering that I was not born with a green tumb, despite my mothers talent with things that grow. Although, I must admit much of the sucess of our garden was due to Justin's diligent and consistent efforts. My focus was more on the front flower garden... which was a complete experiment, I just dug around and planted a bunch of seeds. Flowers grew up in many unexpected ways. We learned alot and throughly enjoyed it, can't wait til next season!!!!!






No comments:

Our Family Stars