Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We are still alive... I think

We are still alive. Life has been a bit crazy the last few weeks and my camera is finally out of commission for good. I've just ordered a new one online so hopefully I get that soon and start posting more pics again. I'm considering an early birthday present to myself.
Our little Alex gave us a scare and we spent our last weekend visiting granma in the hospital. She has these very weird and scary episodes in which she goes completely limp like a rag doll. Fortunately her myriad of test done in the hospital showed she was A-OK but then what the heck is wrong with her? After that whole fiasco my mom drove with me to TN so we could have her followed up down here with a pediatric neurologist. Well the jury is still out on what exactly is wrong with her, she hasn't had an episode like that for about 3 weeks now so I'm hoping that they are over with and we can postpone the MRI she has scheduled in September! The peds neurologist here didn't think that they were seizures like the one in Rockford did, he even suggested that episodes like this can result from reflux... very interesting huh? and even better basically benign!!!

2 comments:

Middletonfamily said...

Hey, it was good to hear from you! I was hoping that everything was okay. I am glad to hear that she hasn't had another episode. Hope TN is going well. We are leaving for Utah on Sat. We are ready to get a regular schedule again. I will give you a call when we get out there! Love ya guys!

Jenny said...

dude, Brigette, there's gotta be a reason for that happening! They better find it out. Keep those episodes away grandma.

Our Family Stars